**This post was originally written in July 2015 before I came up with THE VAN PLAN. It still stands though, I do want to travel abroad, but there’s so much to see in the UK first. Note that Cornwall made it on to this list!**
Lately, I’ve been hankering after new places and new people. Having little cash to spare right now, Pinterest has become my digital travel guide and I’m finding tons of cities and countries I’m determined I’ll spend time in the future.
1. Barcelona – One poorly planned (when I say poorly planned, I mean we spent most of it drinking…) city break away with 16 members of my family ago, I flew to Barcelona and managed to see very little of the place and have always dreamed of returning. Next time I travel there I’ll make sure I spend a decent amount of time checking out all the city has to offer.
2. Berlin – Never been, but someone recently told me how wonderful it was and ever since…OBSESSED.
3. Fuerteventura – Not on everyone’s list of must see places, but having been there once (again with my massive family) I’ve always been a little mystified by its burnt, desert-like landscape and fantastic beaches. It’s meant to be great for surf and I’ve heard if you head to the right beach at the right time of year, you can help see the hatch-ling turtles in to the ocean. I have an idea in my head that I’ll end up living there one day. We’ll see…
4. Peru – Specifically, the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu. I’ve had a big interest in the Inca civilization for many years and if I don’t make it there before I peg it, I’ll be pretty disappointed.
5. Cornwall – I grew up on these coasts, but as usually happens when you live there you never appreciate it. I’ll go back one day and spend some more time traveling the coast in a camper van. Home always calls.
6. Croatia – I really can’t wait to see this beautiful country. I have to admit it was GoT that made me take notice. I’d no idea how stunning the place is. Has any of you been there? If so I’d love recommendations of the best cities and things to do so I can plan me a ace trip!
7. Venice – Who hasn’t seen Venice in movies and wanted to float down the Grand Canal on a Gondola?! I’d love to go and see the place before it sinks. Is that a typical tourist thing to say? Whoops.
8. Sicily – This island looks so idyllic and yet there sits Mt. Etna… Can I check “see a volcano” off my bucket list yet?!
9. French Polynesia – Tahiti, Bora Bora? Oh you blissful collection of islands. I could spend a lifetime chilling in the lagoons or dipping my feet over the edge of an over-water bungalow. This is where my zen meditation place is.
10. New Zealand – Somewhere else I dreamed of moving to one day. Must check it out before moving halfway across the world though. That is the sensible thing to do…
11. Caribbean – Sun. I really just want to laze about in the sun and hop from island to island.
12. Bali – I have to admit I didn’t even consider traveling here until I read Eat, Pray, Love. Everyone I know who has been there has said how wonderful it is so I should probably check it out. Just in case.
13. Netherlands – Because somewhere along the line my family are Dutch!
14. Finland – Specifically, Naantali, where sits a celebration of writer and illustrator Tove Jansson, Moomin World. Yes, I am an adult. No, I don’t care.
15. Florida – As you may tell from the above choice, I am really about 5 years old. So, for my final choice…Florida… or the Walt Disney World resort because I love Walt Disney and everything he created and I want to go there before I have children!!!
16. Cambodia – This place fascinates me. As a country it has a troubled past and today, traveling there amid rising political tensions isn’t exactly recommended. That’s not to say it would stop me going to see the ethereal temples of Angkor.
What are your dream travel locations? Or… Have you been to any of these places and have any recommendations for things to do or see?