Katherine is a writer based in Dorset, UK, cat hugger, coffee lover, all-around curious bean and a perpetual pyjama wearer. For the past few years her goal has been to make wellness and self-care a priority; for her, that’s maintaining a routine, living a balanced life, discovering what lights her up and cultivating those things. Mindfulness and minimalism have come to play a wonderful role in staying balanced; it’s all these things in small amounts that have made the difference.
The idea of Soul Cartographer began in 2012 when Katherine first became aware that she needed to slow down but didn’t really come into fruition until 2015 when life came crashing down around her. Starting over, she pieced together a lovely life filled with the things she loves with the sole instruction: Put yourself first.
Soul Cartographer is a place where Katherine writes her thoughts about the things which make the soul and mind happy with a sense of humour and the occasional, elegantly placed, curse word…
Want to know a little more about Katherine? Here are a few interesting facts:
- She loves slippers, especially the ones that pull over your feet like socks but are actually slippers but could be socks, like really low, no ankle bits, socks. #Slockers #Sloppers
- She really enjoys making other people laugh.
- She’s a poet.
- She might be the worst case of hangry you ever meet.
- She has an eclectic taste in music and loves finding new artists to listen to.
- Even though she’s quite indie/rock/folk in music taste, she still effing ADORES Britney Spears. She doesn’t care if you judge her. #Godney
- She uses hashtags in awkward and inappropriate ways.
- She holds her knife and fork like a left-handed person would even though she’s right-handed.