Soul Cartographer is a wellness and travel blog for the nomadic at heart and soulful of spirit.
I’m Katherine, 31, cat hugger, coffee lover, curious bean, and perpetual pyjama wearer. My cat, Duncan, and I are on a journey… Well, I am at least, Duncan’s just tagging along for the ride. I’ve got a bee in my bonnet about making wellness a priority in all its glorious forms whether what fuels you is financial freedom, a cool ass yoga practice, or learning how to make a decent cup of tea.
Documenting this strange path I find myself on is important and this is where Soul Cartographer comes in. If the world is jumping on your shoulders like it’s trying to beat you down, here’s a place to rest before you get back out there and kick butt. I built Soul Cartographer as the biscuit with your tea, the whipped cream on your coffee, the extra slice of cake left on your desk when you weren’t looking; a place to replenish when you’re feeling low and feel inspired when you’re on top of the world.
I want to explore what wellness means, because it’s something different to all of us. For me it’s maintaining a routine, living a balanced life, being free and curious.
I’ve been on my own journey to wellness and part of the end goal is THE VAN PLAN. Being free to roam is a prerequisite for me; if I’m in one place for too long this feeling of unease sets in. We’re treading an interesting path. Let’s see if it takes us all where we think it will…
Here’s The Van Plan’s mission:
Want to know a little more about me? Here are a few interesting facts:
- I love slippers, especially the ones that pull over your feet like socks but are actually slippers, but could be socks, like really low, no ankle bits, socks. #Slockers #Sloppers
- I really enjoy making other people laugh.
- I’m a poet.
- I might be the worst case of hangry you ever meet.
- I have an eclectic taste in music and love finding new artists to listen to.
- Even though I’m quite indie/rock/folk in my music taste, I still effing ADORE Britney Spears. I don’t care if you judge me. #Godney
- I use hashtags in awkward and inappropriate ways.
- I hold my knife and fork like a left-handed person would even though I am right-handed.